Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Experimental Book






At work I met a wonderful woman who has been my inspiration.  At her studio I created this experimental book where the "assignment" was to find an old photo and create a story based on it. The only information I had about these photos is that the girl's name was Dorothy, then I created a story based on my own daughter and her love for shoes.  I used old journal pages and for the front and back of the cover I screenprinted the fabric with a poem and a bird found in the archives.  The rest of the spreads were made by cutting, pasting and photocopying magazines into the old journal pages.  Every page was sewn together with a yellow thread as a final touch. Enjoy it.
My Experimental BookSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

5 comments:

  1. Wow,Yadira that is awesome. I love it. Please make more,you really have something there...
    Carlo

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it love it love it love it! you are so talented! and your blog is gorgeous, Yadira!
    :^)e

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me encantaron los libros, espero poder hacer uno para cada una de mis hijas

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so gifted! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really beautiful, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion. I really appreciate it!